My name is Jonathan, I am an independent artist. I am from Valence, France. Yeah well, not Valencia in Spain, I know, but we did have a football team called FC Valence back in the XXth century , so in a way...
I am a composer and writer, especially concerning music for videos (including films, advertisements, ...) but not only: I also write rock songs, acoustic songs, classical pieces, ...). I am also a video game developer which may seem to be a complete different job, but if you ever played games like Secret Of Mana, you know why I started to like video games. Look at the menu on the side of this page (or probably on top if you're on a small screen), and check out the things I do!
I also have a shop for clothes (T-shirts mostly) on this website. I wanted to have clothes with something written on it but not some nonsense you can find everywhere: with poetry or philosophical quotes instead. Also, I added a few clothes about the video games I make.
You can contact me through the contact page. If you have a potential job about composing music or making awesome video games, I'm interested!
Tools and Skills
- Composing and writing: I write music, either rock songs, power metal songs, progressive songs, acoustic songs, or also "classical" pieces (not necessarily filling the classical era standards, I can write things that sound more "modern" of course). I wrote music for some projects, such as the film Papa (Jonathan B. Perera), or the webseries Cabinet Montero.
- Pro Tools with sound libraries: For writing music on computers, because projects don't always have budget to hire a Philharmonik Orchestra.
- Finale: For writing and printing scores and music sheets.
- Real-life instruments: because, yes, music can still be played for real even nowadays. I am a singer, guitarist (mostly electric), and I also play bass guitar and drums. I play in these bands: Duo Saphir, 2SYS (pronounce like "two size"), Forlorn Cry and also as me.
Video Game Development:
- Unity3D: say, probably the software the most well-thought in the world in terms of usability. For 2D and 3D games.
- Photoshop and Gimp: To create elements of designs.
- Webstorm: writing HTML/JS/CSS for this website and a few others (like www.alarue.org or Jonathan Perera my film-making friend).
- I also used the one-billion-Go-space-requiring Visual Studio with .NET.
- I like music of course, I always thought there were four bands in "amplified music" that influenced me the most: in chronological order: The Offspring, Noir Désir, Sonata Arctica, Muse. I play in various bands mentioned above.
- Video games of course, especially from this good old time when Nintendo and Sega blah blah blah. Should I mention the great Zelda: a Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles; Crono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Flashback...
I also like British romantic poetry, and romantic poetry in
general. Let's just quote The
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner written by Samuel Taylor
"The fair breeze blew, the white foam flew,
The furrow followed free;
We were the first that ever burst
Into that silent sea."
- I also like comic books, either superhero, especially X-men from the 70s and 80s, or also things like Calvin & Hobbes, or from french and belgian art, like Gaston Lagaffe. I started to draw a few years ago, but, well, I'm more into music, so... It's still something I'd like to work on.
- And finally, I like physics. Like, astrophysics, quantum mechanics... It's a bit off-topic though.